Sunday, April 05, 2009

Here we go...

After church today, for some reason I feel really motivated. Not sure why. God's is probably trying to tell me something. And of course I feel motivated now, on Sunday, when the weather is crappy and its a perfect day to stay inside and nap all day (as Amanda is doing). I practically wasted a perfectly nice day yesterday.

Anyways, not sure if it was the sermon today at church or what, but I feel motivated/moved to organize/start a fundraiser. Its not the first time I've thought about this. In fact as recent as last Friday a friend was telling us about a fundraiser she is organizing and it kinda got me thinking again. Originally, this thought popped into my head a few months back when I saw a blurb on TV about Hoops of Hope started by a 13 year old kid. Hoops for Hope would be a fun one to organize, however, other than the basketball side of it, not sure if I feel that passionate about children orphaned by AIDS in Africa (I know that probably sounds bad).

I tried brain storming this topic with Amanda and after about 30 minutes I think I frustrated her enough with my random, unorganized thoughts that the conversation was beginning to get heated. However, before we reached the boiling point, there was one idea that seemed to stick out above the rest. Providing a vacation for families affected by cancer. This was something that was given to Amanda's family when her mom had cancer. Not personally being through a situation like Amanda's I really can't relate to what it would have been like for their family. I can only imagine how it would be nice as a family to escape the lifestyle and monotony that occompanies cancer, even if its only for a little while.

Thats an idea anyway. A start. Not sure when or how this idea will mature, but I think God is definitly trying to work something out with me. For now I'll just continue to pray on it and we'll see where it goes.

For those of you who know me, you may be use to me coming up with ideas like this. Or saying I'll do something and then never follow through, well I agree and that is one reason why I've decided to restart my blog. I've also decide, with a little persuasion from Amanda, to start a 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days list. This is all an attempt to hold myself accountable for the things I say.

So to close this entry, I'll apologize for my rambling, but I'll warn you there will probably be more entries like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, I would just like to be on record stating that #16 is long overdue. Didn't we make that bet 10 MONTHS ago?! :)

Sarah Jeanne said...

love the idea about raising money for a family who needs a vacation! and your list is great! it has now made me want to finish mine and actually post it and get started. Thanks for the inspiration :)