Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday Night in Alliance

It's Saturday night and I'm laying in bed at the Holiday Inn Express in Alliance, Nebraska. You might be asking yourself, "What is Cole doing in Alliance, Nebraska on Saturday night?" Well let me answer that question for you. I'm working!

Despite taking a 10% pay cut for the 10 months and being forced to take 2 days off a month, I know I shouldn't be complaining about traveling and working on the weekend. I know there are people all over this country who are working this weekend or who would give anything to be working this weekend. I understand that! However I think it's human nature to be pissed or to complain about stuff like this. Or maybe it's the fact that because even though I'll be required to take two days off this month, I'm giving those two days back by working this weekend. Now my boss is good, so I'm sure he'll make it up to me, but in the heat of the moment I feel like complaining.

As I lay here in bed typing this blog I'm also watching Dirty Jobs on the Discover Channel. I think I want to become a cranberry farmer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you.... it'll all be over soon! :)